Thursday, October 23, 2008

Boo at the Zoo

Tonight we're joining my friend T. and her daughter S. for Boo at the Zoo which is an annual Halloween event for little ones at the National Zoo. This thing is a legend in these parts, and this is the first time we will be participating.  Looks like fun.  They decorate the whole zoo and have treats and "snack stations" around the park.

K.'s napping now, so in a few hours I'll get him a snack, get him dressed in his cow costume (hoping that goes over OK - not sure what he'll think of wearing a huge black and white cow body for 2 hours), and then we'll be off to the Zoo.  

Hopefully we a) won't be too cold, b) won't get stuck in traffic and c) K. will not whine about wearing his costume.

Geez, I sound like a geezer, don't I?  So many things to anticipate or worry about in terms of planning.  If it were my husband taking him (spouse is out of town this week), it would just be a matter of, "Okay, let's go."  With minimal packing and preparation.  But they would also be home in about 15 minutes after inevitably realizing that they'd forgotten something.  Ah, dads...

Anyway, hopefully I'll snap some good pictures tonight for posting!

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804