Thursday, October 16, 2008

There's No Delicate Way to Say This...

What do you do about a kid who can't stop pooping?

K. has pooped 8 times in the last 48 hours.  Yup, it's true.  The first two times were respectable amounts ("normal" enough, I'd say) but every remaining diaper change has included little dollops (no larger than a small jellybean) or even just skid mark-looking things.  Lovely, I know, but hey, I am going to take advantage of having a blog to plead for advice!

At first I thought I needed to give him something to just flush the rest of it out of him, so I gave him watered down prune juice yesterday.  Then I thought maybe I needed to stop him up, so he ate a whole banana last night at dinner.  Needless to say, I'm no nutritionist.  Regardless of both these attempts, I've been trying to keep him as hydrated as possible.

This morning, same deal, not a huge amount, but a bit of it was there, just the same.

Also I should note that he seems to be straining and agitated by the constant ... um, going.  

Alas, what's a concerned mother to do?


No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804