Thursday, July 16, 2009

Teen Angst Flashback

So I got my top braces put on Monday. Man, do they hurt! I feel like my teeth have been shoved into a vise ... and that's on top of the Motrin I've been popping pretty much 24/7** since they were placed on my teeth.

And the great news is, this isn't the end of it! After six weeks, they put the bottom row on. I guess they figure that by that time, I'll be used to this agony.

I guess I'd better suck it up. The orthodontist says I have to wear them for 1 1/2 years. (It's funny, in the lifespan of your child, 1 1/2 years seems to fly by, but when you are told you are going to have to wear restrictive brackets on your teeth for that long, it seems like an eternity.)

The only consolation is, thankfully you really can't notice them. The brackets themselves are clear, and the only thing you can see, if you really look hard, is a thin silver line of wire going across my teeth. But when I'm talking, they're positioned in a way that you can't even tell. Thank goodness for modern orthodontia!

Good times!

**I should mention that I do try to space out my acetomeniphen - sic? - dosages, in a lame attempt to avoid getting liver damage.

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804