Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!


To Our Little Boy:
Happy 1st birthday!  I loved you even before you were born, but now that you are here my heart has grown even fuller with feeling for you.  I watch you all the time, studying, admiring... when you are playing with your toys, fingers exploring everything so carefully and cautiously; when I walk into a room and you break into a smile that makes my heart burst; when someone's reading you a book and you study the pictures and listen to the words so intently, your little brow furrowed in concentration; when you are snuggled in your crib, fast asleep, the profile of your face so similar to those ultrasound pictures your dad and I stared at before you were born. It is easy to get emotional when I think about how quickly you will grow up, but for now I won't focus on that.  For now I will live in the moment and enjoy each precious hour, minute, and second with you.  Your family has been so lucky to have been able to spend this sublime time with you.
May you live a long, happy, and blessed life!
Love,
Your Mom

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Happy Birthday KiBi!!!!!!!!

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804