Saturday, January 10, 2009

Have You Ever Been So Tired ...

... that you forget to put the coffee pot in the coffee maker when you turn it on?  

I took the time to add the beans, pour the water in, close the various doors and compartments, press "Grind On" and turn the thing on.  I did not, however, take the time to actually set the pot on its little stand in the machine.  I then left the kitchen, sat down with K. and ate breakfast.  I heard a strange gurgling noise, but attributed that to the rain outside in the gutters.  I did not take time to even glance at the machine until we were finished eating, at which point I returned to the kitchen, saw that coffee and ground-up beans had spilled ALL OVER THE COUNTER AND KITCHEN FLOOR, and cursed pretty loudly.

That pretty much tops my list of Stupid Stuff I Do When I am Tired.  K. seemed to enjoy the spectacle, at least!

Hope all of your weekends are faring better...


2 comments:

CDB said...

OH MY GOSH!..I'm sorry. I've totally done this type of thing, though forgetting to close the washing machine top isn't nearly as messy.

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I was so tired I forgot to put the lid on my crockpot.

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804