Friday, February 13, 2009

I Wish I Could be Fun and Amusing, But...

... I'm sick.  That means my brain is not functioning properly and you will be lucky to get a coherent blog post from me today.  Sorry.

It's strange, I literally felt myself getting sick last night.  First my ears started hurting, then that icky scratchy throat feeling, and by the time it was bedtime my nose was completely plugged.  It shouldn't be surprising, as Kibi has had this since Wednesday.  So the two of us are pretty pathetic today, sporting running noses and achy heads, and sleepwalking around the house. Fortunately, he just went down for what I hope will be a long nap, so I can be free to veg, sleep or do whatever it is that I'm going to muster the energy to do today.

Thinking "deeply" for the last 30 seconds, I've come up with some of the positive aspects about being sick:

You can wear "fat clothes" (ie, sweatshirt and sweatpants)

You can lie in bed and watch television during the day and not feel guilty

If your child is also sick, you can (bonus!) BOTH lie in bed and watch tv and not feel guilty

You can eat snack-y stuff all day rather than attempting a balanced diet (well, in my book, anyway)

You work the  sympathy angle with your spouse/significant other

And now I'm off to do all of the above things... hope everyone else is doing well.  Enjoy the three-day weekend!  Oh, and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!




No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804