Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Very Good Day

Sometimes young children will remind you to look on the bright side of things, even without realizing it.  

That happened to us this morning -- paaaaaaaaaaainfully early this morning, as K. decided to get up at 5:50 am, begging and pleading for a bottle and, after I unsuccessfully tried to catch a few Z's while he drank his milk, demanding that it was time to "Play, play, play!" - and, when it happened, it sort of yanked me out of my feeling-sorry-for-myself-when-am-I-ever-going-to-get-to-sleep-in-again A.M. rut.

We were in my room, with the blinds drawn (because, again, it was painfully early in the morning, although by this time the sun was starting to creep out).  

K. announced, "Mommy, open window... see Very Good Day!"

He was only parroting what I say every morning when we open the blinds, but at that moment, I realized how right that statement was.  Of course!  Why wouldn't it be a very good day?  It's all in your perspective and how you view your own morning when those blinds go up.  And, if my only concern in the world (at that moment, at least) was that I didn't get enough sleep, despite the fact that my family is happy and healthy -- well, I need to suck it up, to say the least. 

I told my husband, who was in the other room at the time, and we agreed.  I know it sounds like a Hallmark card, but it's true: Every day is an opportunity to start fresh, and K.'s words were the perfect start to what promises to be a Very Good Day after all.

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804