Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You Take What You Can Get

This morning I was in the bathroom, getting ready to head over to the place where I do my volunteer work.  Our bathroom is fortunately big enough for K. to have the run of the place, and I've sufficiently child-proofed it so that he can more or less mess around as he pleases.  So I was putting on makeup over the sink when I heard him behind me, counting to himself... "One.... dooooo..... feeeeeee...." And he was doing it over and over, very slowly and meticulously.  

I was pleased to hear this little counting lesson and very curious to see what was captivating his interest.  (Don't worry, this is not going to be a reprise of the dog poop story!)  I slowly turned around - so as not to disturb him - and to see what was keeping him so busy.  

You'll never guess what he was counting out so meticulously on the bathroom floor.  Tampons!!

It was hilarious and so gul-darned cute, I wish I had had my camera.  Now THAT's a unique substitute for pick up sticks!

I suppose when it comes to counting lessons I'll take whatever I can get.

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804