Friday, June 20, 2008

And Now, Some Mindless Friday Fun...

OK, enough serious stuff for one week.  I'm starting to bum myself out!  It's time to have some fun.  Thanks to my dear friend Sweet Pea Chef for tagging me to do my first meme.

Here are the questions.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was three months shy of meeting my husband. (Side note: long story short, through a strange twist of fate, I was supposed to be set up on a blind date with him, but the logistics of that didn't work out; ironically I met him by chance at a focus group two weeks later and he asked me out!  It's a story that's a little complicated to relay, but once you hear all the twists to it, it really does make you think that fate had a little role to play!)  Also was living in Alexandria, VA with two of my best friends from Wittenberg and working on Capitol Hill for a member of Congress from the great state of Minnesota (uffda!).

2. What five things are on your to-do list today?
Do some work for a client (done!)
Deposit a pay check (yay!)
Buy a birthday gift for a friend's 3-year-old daughter (any suggestions?)
Finish unpacking from Florida (pathetic, I know)
Clean the house (sigh) as M-I-L is coming over for dinner

3. Snacks you enjoy?
Peanut butter and apple slices (a staple of pregnancy)
Popcorn
Diet Dr. Pepper
Sweets, in general (alas)

4. Places you've lived?
Conneaut, Ohio
Springfield, Ohio
Alexandria, VA
Washington, DC
St. Paul, MN
Arlington, VA

5. What are five things you'd do if you were a billionaire?
Start a foundation and hire someone to research the best charities for me to give my money to (I guess that's two things)
Fund a major television advertising campaign designed to stop/prevent child abuse (a la Smokey the Bear/preventing forest fires or the seat belt campaign) 
Buy one of the Hawaiian islands
Invest in the R&D to create a machine that makes you invisible

6. People you want to know more about? [this is where you tag fellow bloggers you know...] 
Alas, my pool of FWB's (Friends Who Blog) is so small I don't think I can come up with anyone who hasn't already been mentioned in this particular string.  Poor me.  I guess the meme stops here.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804