Monday, June 2, 2008

Chinese Water Torture

I don't know what is up with the little guy but it's almost as if his allergies got WORSE since we've been to the allergist.  Two nights ago he started coughing in the morning upon waking up -- a hacking, dry sounding cough. Yesterday the cough punctuated his sleep all day - in fact, he couldn't nap at all due to it.  I've been on a laundry frenzy, washing everything his bedroom, sheets, crib bumper, stuffed animals, etc.  We've also been giving him a bath or shower EVERY time after he's been outside.  E-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g.  (I'll admit I've been praying for the end of pollen season!) So anyway, spouse left yesterday for a business trip so last night I laid in bed from 1:15 to 2:45 am listening to him hack every 20 - 30 seconds.  Talk about Chinese water torture... for both of us!  I sat up in bed and my cat was there, looking at me like, "What the heck is going on?"  It occurred to me that perhaps the humidifier would help with the hack (sort of obvious, no?) so at that point I got the cool mist humidifier set up as close to his face as possible.  Amazingly... no more coughing for the rest of the night!  In related news, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, and after just talking to DH by phone I found out that he has one too.  So, you know, maybe this isn't allergies but a cold.  I hate to say I would be happy if it turns out he has a cold, but admittedly it would be a relief to know that I wouldn't have to fight the pollen gods as hard as I've been trying to do these past 48 hours....

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

OMG, the endless coughing affects me the same way!!! I felt like a terrible mother because I once complained to Russ and he said to me, "J, he's sick! He can't help it!"

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804