Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finger Foods: We Have Liftoff!


Well, we're all feeling a bit better after being knocked out by summer colds in our household. Fortunately, feeling under the weather did not affect K's appetite, and I am pleased to report that we've made more progress in our foray into the world of finger foods.  Those of you who have been following our adventures closely know that our little one has been averse to anything with lumps, actually gagging and throwing up whenever we would try to feed it to him.  Consequently both K's dad and I have been gun shy about trying table foods with him, despite the fact that he is nearly 14 months old.  (For what it's worth, my pedi said not to worry about and take our good ol' time... which gave me a bit of relief.)  Nevertheless, I harbored worrisome images of K going to kindergarten with his baby food jars in hand.  Aaack!  Fortunately, on our trip to the beach two weekends ago, K's aunt decided to take the plunge and give him Cheerios and ... he LOVED them.  I know this should not be surprising to you toddler moms out there, but for some reason I was just really hesitant to try them -- I guess I had just cleaned up too many piles of baby puke to get really excited about the notion.  But since the Cheerios adventure, I'm pleased to report that we've truly turned the corner.  As a result, this week has been an adventure in "big people food," starting with peas and whole wheat pasta two days ago.  He looked so gul-darned cute that I had to take a picture.  Now, on to filet mignon!

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804