Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Day of Preschool




Well, it's here, and it's going well so far. I dropped Kibi off at 9:30 with no major problems and I'll go back at 12:30 to get him.

I took the advice of the preschool literature and talked with him about his new "playschool" for several days prior to today. This morning, I think it did occur to him that Mom would be actually LEAVING him there (as opposed to staying with him, like we did last week at the playdate arranged for the kids to meet each other). As he ate his breakfast, he quietly asked, "Mommy going to leave?" and I gently replied, "Yes, but Mommy will come back and you can tell me all about your day!" And he didn't protest, so I considered that a good omen.

His teacher, a very cool guy named Peter, told me to expect that kids at this age will go through phases of not wanting to be dropped off versus being fine with it. I imagine it will be hard, also, during the mornings when I co-op at the school. But oh, well, like every other challenge that's come up in our 2 1/2 year journey with Kibi, we'll just ... deal with it!

Here are some pictures of the big day for your enjoyment. That one is of him heading toward the classroom with his Mickey Mouse lunch box. (I sure wish he would've let me snap his photo from the FRONT! But I suppose this turned out equally cute.)

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804