Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Speaking of New Chapters, Here's One I'm Really Dreading

Perhaps I'm being a leeeeeee-tle melodramatic, but here goes: a change is afoot, and this change could ... very well mean .... The End of The World.

Kibi is showing definite signs of being ready to start CLIMBING OUT OF HIS CRIB.

On that day, my life as I know it will be over.

It's funny, I've caught him three times now, not all the way out but literally poised to jump out (astraddle the crib rail with a cat-that-swallowed-the-canary look on his face). Something (thankfully) seems to be keeping him from pulling the trigger, because every time he's done it he's announced it loudly as a warning: "Mooooommmmmmeeeeee! Come seeeeeeeee I! Come seeeee what I doooooooing!" (And yes, he's still saying "I" instead of "me", which makes it all the more difficult not to laugh.)

I know you experienced parents out there are laughing at me, evilly, but really, can you blame me for mourning what appears to be the end of an era? I've enjoyed parenthood all the more knowing that AT LEAST for 1-2 hours a day, I get a teensy tiny bit of Moi Time.

What in the world happens when I can't get him to stay in his bed?!?!?


1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Get the crib tent! Or just bite the bullet and move him to a big boy bed.

R got out of his bed exactly once, and got bonked so bad he never tried it again. G, who is my "fearless" one, hasn't yet tried!

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804