Friday, July 25, 2008

15 Month Check Up




Not a lot of time to post today, so I'll just give a quick rundown of the results of K's 15 month check up, which was yesterday.  

He weighs 22 lbs, 3.5 oz (20th percentile for weight);

He is 31.5 inches tall (70th percentile for height);

His head is 18.5 inches around (40th percentile for head circumference) - fortunately for K, he has not yet fallen victim to the "Big Head Curse" that plagues my husband and me;

The doc thinks he has a molar coming in on the right side of his mouth (which explains the SHEETS of drool coming out of his mouth for the past few days);

and

He got his measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. Speaking of which, I gave the approval for that one without a second thought, despite all the hullabaloo about vaccines in the news these days.  I used to work at the IOM, which extensively studied the issue, weighing all available evidence and ultimately finding no link between autism and the MMR vaccine or the vaccine preservative thimerosal. (With all due respect to families who have had their hearts broken by autism, don't even get me started on all of the lovelies who refuse to vaccinate their kids ...) 

And best of all, he flirted with the doctor, which made me laugh.  He said all his best words, and smiled as if on cue.  This was all before the S-H-O-T came into play of course, but, while it lasted, our doc got a huge kick out of it. Ever since he was born (when he had this coiff of fluffy blonde hair), she has raved about his 'do and his smile, calling him the "Flock of Seagulls baby" so I think he holds a special place in her heart.  


No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804