Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Catching Fleas ... No Joke!


Now that I got the Story to Top All Stories out of the way, I can focus on some of the other momentous activities of our NC beach week.  

Let's start with my dad's fishing fetish. Now, I am not exaggerating when I say that my dad can FISH.  ALL.  DAY. I mean, wake up at 6 am and stay out there, casting in the surf, until 10 pm - something he actually did one day. He gets so hung up on fishing that he forgets to EAT, for pete's sake. And don't even get him started on his fishing stories! 

Anyway, since I won't let Kibi near a fishing hook until he is at least old enough to know how to hold a pole, to his credit, Grandpa still found a way to involve him in the fishing fun.  

Here they are, (along with my mom), hunting for sand fleas, which are these big, brown beetle-like things that burrow under the sand after the waves wash away.  

By the way, although at first I thought, "Sand FLEAS! Gross!" I actually came to like the little guys after realizing they were pretty harmless.  And to see Kibi observing them intently as they wriggled away made it all worthwhile.
 

No comments:

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804