Friday, July 11, 2008

Gone Fishin'

One of the nice things about having a large extended family is it gives you an excuse to do a lot of traveling.  (Which can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how you look at it.)  In our case, it has made this summer lots of fun, because, counting our Florida trip back in June, we've got not one but FOUR family trips scheduled before the end of August!  

We're heading out on Trip #2 tomorrow.  We are caravaning along with my parents down to Topsail Island, NC, where we have rented a beach house for the week with two of my aunts, their husbands, kids, and grandkids.  It should be a blast and I'm especially looking forward to seeing how K does with his second cousins.  There are two little girls (twins) who are going to turn 2 next month, so I'm curious to see how they all get along. Should be a riot!

I don't think I'll have time to blog next week, so I'll sign off until July 21 or so..

OH!  One more thing.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Sweet Pea Chef, who turns 34 on Sunday.  Enjoy your day!  I will give you a call when we are back from the beach!


1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the HB wishes. Your card came today and it entertained the boys for about 15 minutes. It was hilarious--I think I may try and video it and post how they "play" with the card!

About Me

Arlington, VA, United States
Maestro and mom to a wee virtuoso

I'm #1804